Re: libasound-sndio

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 07:14:47 +0100
On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 06:29:43PM +0200, Jari Vetoniemi wrote:
> I started this toy project to replace libasound with sndio, as the PCM plugin
> way seemed to always have problems in one way or another. https://github.com/
> Cloudef/libasound-sndio (and eventually use tinyalsa in sndiod instead of
> libasound, to get rid of userland alsa all together)

Hi,

Thanks for the link, interesting project.

> It works right now with SDL programs, dolphin-emu, PCSX2 at least. One of the
> things I want to get work is wine. However, for some reason it seems sio_write
> always returns 0 for wine programs, and I'm not sure what causes this.

In blocking mode, sio_write() returns 0 if there's an error or its
third argument is zero.

In non-blocking mode, it may also return zero instead of
blocking. Typically if the server can't accept more data immediately;
in this case, later, sio_revents() will return POLLOUT to indicate
that sio_write() can accept data again.

> SNDIO_DEBUG=2 shows these 2 curious lines:
> >libsndio: polls: 0, samples = 0
> >aucat: start, maxwrite = 0

this indicates the program requested the server to start playback.

Is it the last message you get?