Re: bad sound quality

From: Daniel Gibson <metalcaedes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 18:43:57 +0100
On 05.12.22 16:51, Marko Bauhardt wrote:

> I believe I can not deinstall alsa entirely because I can not live without apps like Zoom/Slack for video conferences at work :/
> Or wait, I could use the web version of slack/zoom within firefox. this could work.
>
> marko

You can't deinstall ALSA because on Linux it's the way to talk to the
audio driver, and thus sndio uses it.
TBH you're lucky if your apps even support ALSA and don't demand pulse
(though apulse can help there, if the app uses the subset of libpulse
that it implements - but of course that doesn't help much with sndio)

Cheers,
Daniel