Routing MIDI controllers with sndio on Linux.

From: Brian Durant <contact_at_anarchosaxophonist.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 16:54:53 +0200
How are MIDI controllers routed with sndio on Linux? On OpenBSD, MIDI
ports are named "midi/0", "midi/1", and they correspond to the "midi0 at
..." lines of dmesg. I am currently using sndio on Void Linux (mainly
for support of my MIDI controllers), and the MIDI controllers are
typically listed as:

[ 75.825351] usb 1-12: Product: A-PRO

[ 75.825355] usb 1-12: Manufacturer: Roland

[ 142.346575] usb 1-12: USB disconnect, device number 7

[ 215.239705] usb 1-12: new full-speed USB device number 8 using xhci_hcd

[ 215.367162] usb 1-12: New USB device found, idVendor=09e8,
idProduct=0076, bcdDevice= 1.00

Unfortunately, I am unable to route any of my controllers to LMMS (with
sndio set as the MIDI interface in the LMMS preferences), such as to the
SF2 plugin. I am able to set the MIDI input properly in LMMS (in the
plugin), but I am apparently not getting a MIDI signal from the
keyboard. This is where that I suspect that there could be a routing issue.

Sooo, assuming that everything else is equal to sndio on OpenBSD, I need
to run a similar command, with the equivalent of "midi/0" in Linux:

$ midicat -d -q midi/0 -q midithru/0

Of course with the correct variable for the relevant MIDI device.