Differences between using sndioctl on OpenBSD and Linux

From: Jesper Brousseau <bakka9a1_at_cock.li>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 16:02:56 -0400
I am required to use Linux and so I have transferred my typical OpenBSD
setup to it but noticed the keybind I use to mute and unmute does not
function. Increasing and decreasing the volume work fine but sndioctl
output.mute=! returns output.mute: no such control. Is this a limitation
of sndio using ALSA or could it be added?

Jesper